A DAY DEVOTED TO TRAINING
- Weight: 103.0kg (neat considering the bad day yesterday!)
- Breakfast: Chicken Breast, Onion and Tomato
- Lunch: Grilled fish (and 6 calamari)
- Dinner: chicken, pumpkin and garden vege’s
- Snacks: jerky, and a protein substitute meal/drink
- Water: 5+ L
- Exercise: Walking (12km), 3 sets x 10 situps (and they REALLY hurt), 1 set of push-ups (I’m too embarrassed to put the number here)
Overall rating I give myself for today’s effort: 7/10.
I have docked myself points, because even thoughI tried well at the exercise, I know I overdid it. My feet are killing me. Also, even though my snacks weren’t too bad, I had too many of them. Gotta trim that back a bit.
I planned todays activity to involve a bus ride to Circular Quay, then a walk to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and climb the stairs to the walkway (there are a few of them)… Then follow the walkway back over the Quay and over to the Botanical Gardens. From there it’s a cruisy 5k’s home. The whole length I have roughly calculated at a shade over 6km. So if I was to be able to run this, I should be able to do it in an hour or slightly more… NOT!
Diary of today:
- 0730 – out of bed and minor tinkering (on the net)
- 0830 – start breakie – grilled single chicken breast thinly sliced with lemon pepper, and ½ onion and a 1 tomato, fried (no oil).
- 0900 – dishes and general cleaning of the kitchen. I CAN SEE MY BENCH!! WOOT!
and again, minor tinkering
- 0930 – I have already had 1L of water. Trying to hydrate and get ready for today
- 1100 – As plans do, sometimes they go awry. And this one only got better. I walked TO Circular Quay and still did the bridge stairs. Continued over the top of circular quay, into Macquarie street and back to the Quay. (5.5km). I then caught a Ferry to Manly for lunch and then ferried back again. Then a similar 5km walk back home. All up (including the Manly stint) the walking amounted to 12km. A little further than I planned, and I also got a bit sun burnt (as I didn’t plan on spending THAT much time out there
- 1700 – Home and more cleaning and a couple more litres of water!
- 2030 – Out to a pub for Karaoke. I drank about 4 10oz glasses of water and snacked on beef Jerky while I watched my friends get drunk. It was hard, and I found it annoying (I hate drunks – I love BEING drunk, but I hate dealing with them when I’m sober lol).
- 0030 – Finally got home to go to bed (at last!)