monospace, pre, any my mind!

Here’s yet another change I’m making to my theme. I can’t help myself, it’s what I do.

As mentioned in my last post I like to change little aesthetics to suit one of my many psychological conditions, one of which is making pre tags look a little more like computer screens. (I don’t know why, it’s just one of the first changes I always make to a theme).

But as I started going through old posts and checking the format, I found that the pre elements weren’t actually lining up. Here’s an example:

lsblk
NAME                         MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda                            8:0    0 111.8G  0 disk 
├─sda1                         8:1    0   243M  0 part /boot
├─sda2                         8:2    0     1K  0 part 
└─sda5                         8:5    0 111.6G  0 part 
  ├─ubuntu--vg-root (dm-0)   252:0    0 110.6G  0 lvm  /
  └─ubuntu--vg-swap_1 (dm-1) 252:1    0  1016M  0 lvm  [SWAP]
sdb                            8:16   0 698.7G  0 disk 
├─sdb1                         8:17   0 698.6G  0 part 
└─sdb9                         8:25   0     8M  0 part 
sdc                            8:32   0 698.7G  0 disk 

This is just a section of code in a recent post and those ASCII line characters on the let should be lining up nicely, but they’re not. As SHOULD all the zeros above. I’ve reverted the font back to default just for this post, plus while writing it, I disabled all plugins for testing and confirmation. It’s not a plugin issue.

It must be something I’ve done, because I THINK it looked good when I first updated, I have next to zero plugins running at the moment (those that are, are essential—essentially domain mapping and security).

I’ll come back to revisit this…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *